Tuesday, July 1, 2008

If My Life Were A Book...

right now it would be a twisted human version of the Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation. That's how I felt this morning at least when I woke up at 5:45 for today's run. I haven't been up that early to run in over a week and a half and it showed. Sure, I was up that early last week but only because baby Runlet couldn't seem to sleep past sunrise. But last week I was indulging in Diet Coke and buttery scones not strapping on running shoes before 9 a.m. Of course, last week I also wasn't going to bed at 9 p.m., even 8:45, like I have every night since I've been home.

So bleary-eyed and sheet-marked I stumbled out the door this morning to meet Runner Neighbor for our Tuesday run. I found her weeding her front lawn. At 6 a.m. I told her I was tired, trying to recover from vaycay, excuse, excuse, excuse, as I took off on legs I didn't know I had. I felt so good I didn't dare look at the Garmin until I turned it off in the safety of my own driveway. 3.1 miles in 27:08--an 8:45 pace. Not too shabby, especially considering we talked the whole time. I mean we haven't seen each other in over a week for goodness sake! Girlfriends gotta catch up.

Maybe soon I can stop obsessing about that horrible 10K showing. That's not really the runner I am. How long until I can convince myself??


Today's Miles: 3
Total Miles: 95

No comments: