Sunday, July 20, 2008

Easy, Breezy Puddin' Pie

I'm not sure when it happened but sometime in the last two months seven miles became a short run. Okay, maybe not short per se, but definitely not long. When I saw seven miles on the schedule for this weekend I was almost disappointed. Disappointed about running seven miles?!? The insanity. The problem is, I'm beginning to dig the drama, the "Wow!" factor, of the ten plus milers. Seven miles just doesn't seem to have the same oomph. With seven miles on the schedule, my lackadaisical approach was evident: I wasn't concerned about hydration the day before, I didn't feel the need to carb-load in advance, and, I even considered breaking my ultimate taboo--having some wine the night before a run.

And as I ran, it just seemed...easy. Yeah, seven miles has become easy. How in the heck did that happen????

Good thing I have next Saturday's twelve miles to put me in my place.

Today's Miles: 7
Total Miles: 150

No comments: