Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Calling All Roosters!

You would think the girl who got up before her alarm at 5:20 to run 13 miles just four days ago would have no problem waking up at 5:50 to run 3 miles today. You would think. Darn that alarm. It may have gone off once, maybe twice, before when I was laying there semi-awake just savoring the last few moments of quiet. But in those cases I was able to silence it at the first blip. Not today. That thing was squawking and squealing like a pig in a trap. A robot in a trap? No, I know, a soprano--the fat lady, opera-ending kind--in some kind of horrid medieval toe trap. And I couldn't silence it. Technically it's what you would call a "travel" alarm clock; in other words, it's tiny. What genius engineer thought that one up in the lab? "Hey, I know, let's make an alarm clock so small that you can't find the 'off' button." After dropping it three times, resetting the alarm for 8:26 p.m. and the actual time for 12:17 a.m., I somehow managed to quiet the mini beast. When I turned to the hubs with a look of abject apology all I could see was a semi-human form under a mound of covers. It must have been traumatic for him too.



Today's Miles: 3
Total Miles: 177

No comments: