Thursday, August 7, 2008

Six-Word Memoir

Runner's Lounge has issued the challenge to come up with six words that denote all that running is and means in our own personal worlds. I thought about trying to go lofty and esoteric with this one--then I stopped laughing, came to my senses, and decided on the following:




Are skinny jeans worth this pain?






There you have it, in all its shallow glory. I began running to lose weight after my third child. I keep running because I can't bear the thought of returning to that post-partum horror. It's all about the vanity here. Supposedly running has health benefits; tell that to Mr. Angry Left Knee who has been whining all day and Miss Mopey Left Ankle who feels threatened when she's ignored. Not to mention I pretty much feel like I'm going to have a heart attack at some point during every run. But then I come home, shower, and put on the same size jeans I wore in high school (maybe not exactly but close enough, alright?!?!) and it usually seems worth it in the end.


That and I've got a handful of other local crazies striving for the same goal. It's a demented but supportive sisterhood.



4 comments:

Midwest said...

That's funny!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Ha ha!

I'm in Annapolis. Good look with the B'more marathon! I did the relay a few years back. It was fun, of course I only ran 1/4 of the race :)

Gaye said...

Hey! Who're you calling demented? ;)

Actually, it probably does fit...my entire family (while ridiculously proud of me) thinks that I'm pretty much nuts! And you know what, I probably am, and I love it! :p

Leah said...

That's hilarious!! I also began running to lose the wt. after my 3rd child. :)