Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Running Hard"

That's the name of the playlist I made for today's 7-miler. Now, some of you may laugh (Running Moron?) but you all have to understand that my favorite genre of music is "folk" and I consider Aerosmith to be kind of crazy loud. That said, I'm about to reveal a secret that may shock those who know and love me. It's going to come out anyway when you see my playlist so I might as well just put it out there right away. Ready?? I like Megadeth.

With no further ado, I present "Running Hard"...

1. Southern Cross Crosby, Stills and Nash--Hey, you gotta ease into it!

2. Sweet Emotion Aerosmith--Live version, friends. It's a classic.

3. Hangman Jury Aerosmith--What does it say about me that I caught myself smiling during this song?

4. American Idiot Green Day--Surprisingly great beat for a run.

5. Symphony Of Destruction Megadeth--That's right. You got something to say?

6. Foreclosure Of A Dream Megadeth--I actually sang along. "Until all is lost, personal holocaust..."

7. Sweating Bullets Megadeth--Even I admit this song is creepy.


Let me interrupt this playlist for an announcement: The "alphabetical by artist" selection is not always the best choice in iTunes.


8. By the Way Red Hot Chili Peppers--Before you see the rest of this playlist you have to understand that my Running Partner said this is her favorite band for running music so I decided to try them out. Not great, but okay so far.

9. Around the World Red Hot Chili Peppers--Hmmm, still okay. Just okay though.

10. Parallel Universe Red Hot Chili Peppers--Nice background music for a car trip, party maybe, but I'm not digging it running-wise.

11. Scar Tissue Red Hot Chili Peppers--Waaaaaay toooooo sloooooooow. Crap! How many of these songs did I add?!?

12. Otherside Red Hot Chili Peppers--A little better. Still slow but I've resigned myself.

13. Under the Bridge Red Hot Chili Peppers--Dear God, horrid intense high school flashbacks! May it go away, mommy!

14. Tom Sawyer Rush--Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. Apparently I'm a redneck.

15. Renegade Styx--See comment above.

With all said and done, basically the playlist sucked. Training is a process though and you have to fine tune not just the running itself but all the other aspects as well. One thing I'm sure about after my last two runs is that I like peppy music I can sing along with. Dorky, I know, but it is what it is. Sure the Megadeth, Rush stuff was fun but I felt guilty afterwards, like I had eaten an entire tub of Ben & Jerry's or something.

Now, what to listen to tomorrow???

Today's Miles: 7
Total Miles: 209

No comments: