Monday, August 4, 2008

Juiced

With Runner Neighbor on vacation this week I've been left to run on my own. (Insert "Awwww, poor Runner Girl!" now.) Not able to bear the thought of simply listening to myself struggle for breath, I decided to dust off the ol' iPod and create a new playlist.

With apologies to anyone with actual musical taste and discretion, I give you my 3-miler:

1. Born to Run--Of course! A no-brainer.

2. I Kissed A Girl--Like I said, apologies to those of you with taste.

3. Lose Yourself--Runner's World itself crowned this the number one running song of all time.

4. Stronger--"That that don't kill me can only make me stronger." Hello-o-o?? Hills?!?!

5. Don't You Want Me--Ummm, yeah, maybe it's an 80's thing?

6. Eye of the Tiger--It must have put me in the zone because I just had to double check what the last song was.

My average pace with RN has been about 9:15/mile. Today's pace: 8:32. Maybe there is something to this music thing.


Today's Miles: 3
Total Miles: 202

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not having a friend to run with, I lean on music pretty hard. When I'm going a relatively short distance, such as three miles, I have different playlists with music meant to pace me. If I'm going easy I'll have some pop-ish songs like you have (although I could never run seriously with Eye of the Tiger playing), and if I'm trying to tear it up I have 23 minutes worth of Rage Against the Machine and other angry music to get me going.

There is definitely something to this music thing and I really fear running races that actually enforce their no earphones rules.