Saturday, August 30, 2008

Parched

Ay, ay, ay...as I sit here (at 5:30 a.m. no less) prepping for this morning's long run I just realized I never recorded Thursday's run. I am keeping up with my running, I swear, I swear, I really am!

Thursday: I decided to run after work instead of in the pitch black of predawn after the previous day's experience. I know, call me a renegade. And, because I was getting all crazy with an evening run I decided to truly take it to the extreme and leave my Garmin at home. So I ran four miles at I have no idea what pace. It was wonderful in the beginning. I even found myself singing out loud to music again. However, when I walked out the door I had this nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. I kept reassuring myself that I just wasn't used to running without my Garmin and that's what was bothering me. It was about two miles into the run that I realized "Oh yeah, I forgot to drink some water. Today." From 6:30 a.m. that morning to 5:30 p.m. running time I had. not.had.one.single.sip.of.water!!!!! How does that happen?? Apparently this adjustment to a full-time job is harsher than I suspected. I kept hoping it would rain so I could drink the rain drops. All together now "Awwww, poor Runner Girl!"

Thursday's Miles: 4
Total Miles: 301

No comments: