Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In Good Company

Runners are nice. Who knew? They always seem to have a smile, a wave, and often a "Hello!" or even a "Good morning!" for their fellow pavement pounders. It still marvels me. In our head-down society I usually expect a stranger coming from the opposite direction to look up, down, to the side, at dirty fingernails, a cell phone--anywhere but at me. Not in Running Land though. When I see another runner, I know he or she is going to acknowledge me. Even if there are headphones involved I'll at least get half a smile. It's a sweet little bonus, the Cracker Jack prize.

Today's Miles: 3
Total Miles: 51

1 comment:

Poteneuse said...

Oh my goodness look at all them poopies! Well, if you're looking at other runners you might not see all them poopies. Yugo Girl - I've got your poopies!