Saturday, September 27, 2008

Taper Madness--Take 1



Ode to my shoes I love so well,
Even if you kinda smell.
You’ve seen me through so many runs,
Yet you remain a virgin to the starting guns.
But your time will come, I now know,
When the starting mat will be your “Go.”


Today’s forecast was nothing but rain
And I should have turned to Sir Squeak again.
After all, that sort of weather gave him his name
And a prominent squeak’s now his grating game.
But I chose you anyway, over him,
Hoping your odds of now squeaking were slim.


Then I stepped in a puddle on mile three.
(Doh!) Still ,you were so kind to me.
Nary a blister on my sopping feet,
After twelve drenching miles, that’s pretty neat!
I owe you so much, you rascally shoes,
So munch on this exciting news:


Dear footwear friends, will you join me soon
In running the Big Kahuna-hoon?
It’ll be an adventure, I can promise that.
All I ask is you make it to the final mat
Where we don our rewards and hug loved-ones so
Then head to the kegger and get on with the show.


Okay, maybe you’re not cute party gear.
How ‘bout hangin’ in my closet for a year?
Sweet Asics Gel Nimbus ( in a discontinued hue)
The expiration date on our training is due.
Thanks for the run--metaphorically and not
I’ll do what I can to make sure you don’t rot.

Today's Miles: 12
Total Miles: 446

No comments: