Friday, September 19, 2008

The PBI

Ha, you're probably thinking "That silly Runner Girl doesn't even know it's 'ITB' not 'PBI'!" But no, folks. PBI stands for Peanut Butter Incident. And we just had one in this hiz-ouse. Fortunately I'm totally anal, type A when it comes to preparing the night before my long runs, which is what I was just doing about five minutes ago. That's when I went to the pantry to retrieve my Jif Reduced Fat Crunchy Peanut Butter to set out for tomorrow morning when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a gaping whole in the designated peanut butter portion of our pantry! Gasp! Oh no, it can't be so! As I said, I'm totally anal, type A about this stuff and I just double checked yesterday to make sure we had some. Mouth agape, in a state of perplexity, I turned to Runner Boy who naively announced "Oh yeah, we finished that today. The kids and I have been housing on that stuff. It's pretty good. They looooove it." No doubt. These are the same wily runlets who down Power Bars and GU like there's no tomorrow. Thankfully, my totally anal, type A approach saved the day (or run) on this one and Runner Boy is remorsefully at the store right now replenishing my nutty stash.

By the way, I have been running this week. Just slacking on the blogging. Maybe because I didn't want to have to admit that I cheated on Tuesday's run and did three miles instead of five. At least they were fast, that counts for something right?

And, get this, we got a new cat this week and the runlets named him Miles. (Gee, are we running obsessed much?) Of course, they were probably tripping on GU at the time.

Oh yeah, tomorrow's run? Twenty miles. Wish me luck!

Today's (more like Tuesday's and Thursday's) Miles: 8
Total Miles: 401

No comments: