Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fourteen and Feelin' Fine

I was totally not jazzed about today's run. Last night I went to bed at 8:30 because I've been so.frickin.tired all week. Then baby runlet woke me up at 5 a.m. and all I wanted to do was pull the covers over my head and stay in bed until lunchtime. Fortunately my running schedule has me on autopilot so I got up like a good soldier, filled my fuel belt, ate my GU, and headed out to meet Running Partner. I was literally mid-yawn when she pulled up to the curb.

We started nice and slow, just as the sun was coming up. Check that, the sun didn't actually appear until we finished the run. Thank you, cloud cover! At 98% humidity, the last thing you want to see is the sun. Who needs to add heat to that?!? So, I guess I mean we were just getting started as the sun should have been coming up. I'm sure it came up somehow, somewhere, but I sure didn't see it.

Oh, but I digress. My point today is that a run I was dreading turned out to be amazingly easy and uneventful. You'd think Running Partner and I wouldn't have much more to talk about anymore after all the hours we've logged side by side but somehow conversation never seems to lag. Today it helped that her Runner Boy was naughty, naughty this week and girlfriend had some venting to do! (Note to any men in the audience--if your wife calls you when you're at a strip club, take the time to step outside and answer the phone.) We also rescued a turtle and saw a ginormous dead frog. Hmmm, maybe it was kind of eventful after all.

Next week is the peak week of my training. Forty miles (total) on tap. Ack!



Today's Miles: 14
Total Miles: 383

No comments: