Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Show Must Go On

That's how I feel about running right now. Life doesn't stop for marathon training and marathon training doesn't stop for life. No matter how drained I am from maintaining my composure for eight hours while seventeen-year olds try to ferret curse words out of a word search, I still must run. ("Huge wood" was the best they got--I admit I had to pretend to write something on the board so they didn't see me laugh. Mature, no?) And, on the days that I weather the seventeen-year olds well, there's still the tutoring side gig with the boys in a group home at a local mental institution. I'll just let your imaginations run with that. Trust me, it's even more extreme. Still, I come home and run.

And so it is, with today's run accomplished, that I quickly update this blog so I can head out to the suburban ritual of consuming fruity, alcohol-laden drinks while gossiping and munching hor d'oeuvres--oops, I mean Bunko--and get on with life. (Y'all thought I was going to say "book club" back there, didn't ya?!?)

Today's (and yesterday's) Miles: 15
Total Miles: 364

No comments: