Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good...

One thing that really sucks about returning to work is that I now have to do all my midweek runs in the evening. This is no good for two reasons: 1)I'm already worn out before I even take my first step, and 2) I have to run by myself. A social creature like myself needs companionship. It's just plain cruel and inhumane to sentence me to such solitary exercise.

With that said, you can imagine my excitement when I arrived at the bus stop this afternoon to retrieve my oldest runlet and I saw Runner Neighbor decked out in tech gear. "Are you going for a run?" I asked with more excitement than I had hoped to reveal. "Yeah, I'm going out for six miles in about an hour," came her reply. I could not have been more euphoric if Santa Claus himself were standing there. BUT, wait 'til you hear this, I didn't just jump blindly at the opportunity. No, no, no. I only have five miles scheduled today and my darn tootin' legs are so tired that I'd actually rather run five miles by myself than add an extra mile and run with one of my best friends. So I said "Would you be willing to do five so I could go with you?" Thankfully she loves me, quirks and all, and agreed to shorten her run. It was glorious.



Today's Miles: 5
Total Miles: 369



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm my running buddy and I often run part of our runs together rather than shorten. We're both to anal lol...I will run to her house, or run to a place to meet her to start thus getting my extra mileage (or vice versa)

BBM