Thursday, May 29, 2008

Go Toward the Shade

Today's forecast is only 78?!? I don't know about those guys at weather.com. I could have sworn it was at least 80 when I was out there today. Maybe because I was running in the afternoon blaze? One o'clock is a great time for a run when the temperature is the highest it's been in like eight months, right? Who needs time to adapt?? You know it's searing when you prefer a half-mile of shaded continuous uphill to any length of uncovered downhill. I actually caught myself zigzagging across the street trying to run under as many trees as I could. That probably looked pretty interesting from behind.

Today's run: A sunny, sunny 3.5 miles, and yeah, I'm claiming that extra 0.5. This was a G-less run so I got to sing to myself. A particular verse of Will Smith's Miami was on a constant replay:

Hottest club in the city and its right on the beach
Temperature get to ya its about to reach
Five-hundred degrees in the Carribean seas
With the hot mommies screamin "aii poppy"

Aii, Poppy indeed.

Today's Miles: 3.5
Total Miles: 27.5

1 comment:

Poteneuse said...

For some reason the song that comes to my mind is Summer in the City by the Four Tops. That then leads me immediately to another Four Tops song - My Girl. And we all know, you are my girl! Yugo girl - I've got your memories!