Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stiff Upper Lip and All That

I'm trying. I'm really, really trying. I'm trying as hard as I can to not let this injury get me down, but...it's getting me down. I realized today that I've been avoiding the blog so I'm back with a little update.

I ran 3 miles last Monday and my heel felt great. Honestly, it felt as good as new. I was on cloud nine. So, I went out for 4 miles on Tuesday. What's that Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman? "Big mistake. Big. Huge." Yeah, I was basically crippled again.

I took Wednesday as a rest day and hit the bike on Thursday. My heel was doing a little talking the last part of the week but I wasn't limping. I talked to Coach Crazylegs and he said to try 7 miles today. I made it 3. (In all fairness, I cut it short after the other members of the running club had a little freak out over the fact I was running at all.) Now my heel hurts. Still? Again? I don't even know. It's a blur.

I made an appointment with my podiatrist for this coming Wednesday.

My marathon is in 8 weeks.

No comments: