Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hamsterin' It


Whoa--reunited and it feels so, hmmm, just okay? After about a ten-month hiatus, I rekindled my relationship with the treadmill, a.k.a hamster wheel, today. The lightning-filled skies, way-too-soon nanny interview, and way-too-long walk back from the bus stop worked in conjunction to form the perfect circumstances for me to channel my inner hamster. It's been so long, I almost forgot what the treadmill experience is like. To sum it up: fast and boring. Yeah, sorry to you regular TMers but treadmill speed is a whole nuther ballgame compared to road speed. I mean, Ms. Snail here was running sub 8-minute miles while singing along to her iPod AND asking her 5-year old runlet about her day at kindergarten. Ummm, yeah, I'm not that easily, breezily fast in life. BUT, and I do mean BUT, holy cow did I get bored!! (No offense to previously mentioned runlet.) Seriously, one TM mile has to equal at least two road miles, no? Did I say that right? Heck, I don't even know. All I know is that I was crizazy bored, like the boredest I've ever been in my life. And that's with music, television, and a small child to distract me. Girlfriend needs her some nature. And, another and, I do teach 12th grade English for any of you wondering. Don't worry though, I don't teach your kids! :)
Today's Miles: 3
Total Miles: 459

No comments: