Thursday, October 9, 2008

Aaaaaaaaaack!

Did you hear that? My primal scream? Yes, folks, marathon freak out is in full-swing over here. So much so that I've intentionally been avoiding this blog and anything else remotely running related in life. (Except actual running, which I have been doing because I am going to be prepared for that marathon come hell or high water.)

Running Partner and I just got back from the marathon expo. I have my bib, I have my safety pins, I have my pace group registration, I have everything I need to get me through until 5 o'clock on Saturday--the official start time of our post-marathon keg party. Bring it on!! I'm hoping by focusing on a time long after the race will be over, I'll minimize the actual race anxiety. Yea, right.

One major piece of news from the past week: Running Partner and I have decided to run the marathon together. Y'all might have thought that was a given but then you're forgetting she's much faster and more competitive than I am. BUT, she's also afraid to go the 26.2 alone and, like a pimply teenager in prom season, she nervously asked me to run with her. She even suggested we join a conservative pace group. Love it! Love her! Of course I accepted.

So, we are set. I'll pick her up at 6 a.m. on Saturday and will hopefully post here later that day that I not only survived but actually finished the marathon on two feet.

This week's Miles: 17
Total Miles: 476

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Go, girl! You're ready and you're going to kick some major marathon butt!