Friday, July 9, 2010

Swoosh!

I love Nike. I mean, I reallllly love Nike. In fact, I just might be a Nike whore. Few things get me as jazzed as finding new Nike running gear. There's just something about the fit, the fabric, the style...I really love Nike. I recently got these and they promptly moved to the top of my list of favorite running gear. This is more momentous than you realize because, see, I've eschewed running shorts in favor of running skirts for a good two years now. I guess I thought I was hiding extra jiggle with the skirt. Or that I could pretend I just happened to go for a run when I was coincidently dressed cute. Or maybe I was overcompensating with femininity after marathon training stole my boobs. Whatever. Anyway, when this crazy, insane heat wave came, it made me want to wear as little as possible while out there trailing through the asphalt jungle. Skirts have an extra layer that I just don't need when we're looking at code red temps for the fourth consecutive day. So I got some shorts. Know what? The shorts are definitely cooler--in more ways than one, if you ask me. Hmmm, I guess I'm a convert.

Hope everyone is staying cool!

Stella in her doggie dreams.

1 comment:

Pahla said...

I am also a huge fan of Nike gear! I love it when I find something new and comfortable, you're a lucky girl.